Monday, January 14, 2013

40 Days of Prayer - Day #8

Sorry for missing yesterday's post.  I came down with a stomach bug that definitely had me praying, just didn't have the strength to journal till now.

Today in my devotional, "Draw the Circle," the author Mark Batterson reminds us that "God won't answer 100% of the prayers we don't pray."  Sounds like common sense doesn't it?  But we forget it all the time.  We hold back the really big prayers because we think, "what if God doesn't answer that?"  Or we just don't even see possible miracles because we accept things as they are.  Too many times I have been guilty of that.  Its the "it is what it is" attitude.

But God hasn't called us to accept the probable and dismiss the impossible.  If we have a relationship with our Creator and Savior, then we have no reason to hold back.  We need to embrace the words of Christ, "Ask, Seek, Knock."  Something I'm trying to do more everyday!

No comments: