Saturday, January 12, 2013

40 Days of Prayer - Day #6

Tonight I was sitting by the fire and thought of a song as I prayed.  The song is by Need to Breathe and it's called "Something Beautiful."  This is the chorus:

Hey now, this is my desire
Consume me like a fire
'Cause I just want 
Something beautiful to touch me
I know that I'm in reach
'Cause I am down on my knees
And waiting for 
Something beautiful.
Oh-oh... something beautiful.

The band, in an interview, stated that this song was written out of desperation.  They were hungry for inspiration and they weren't sure what "Something Beautiful" would be.  They just knew that they needed a "broken and contrite spirit" to see it and experience it.  That's about where I'm at too.  Praying that God would consume me like a fire and show me something beautiful in the process.

No comments: