Thursday, January 10, 2013

40 Days of Prayer - Day #4

I don't have to look far to see what to pray for today.  My little girl is sick for the second day.  Not serious.  When she first came down with this, I prayed over her for a few moments, but soon I accepted that it just needed to take its course.  Take her to the doctor, get the meds and help her rest.

Nothing wrong with taking meds to get better or going to the doctor (unless you ask my wife, who was there for over 2 hours yesterday).  But as person of faith I am recognizing that there are too many times where I don't let God have the opportunity to help, heal and perform the miraculous.  I want my daughter to be well and will take her to the doctor and get her the meds she needs, but I still need to pray fervently for God's help and healing touch.

There are lots of little things that I try to carry myself or try to find a fix for outside of God.  But I know I miss out on seeing a lot of little miracles because of that.  Psalm 55:22 reminds us to "Cast all your burdens on the Lord and He will sustain you."  God wants to sustain, heal, fix and carry our toughest situations for us.  But that really only happens if we let Him.  So this year I want to pray for the little things, big things and everything in between so I can look back count the many little and big miracles God was able to do.

No comments: