Tuesday, January 22, 2013

40 Days of Prayer - Day 16

I read a quote this morning that really spoke to me.  A.W. Tozer wrote, "when you kill time, remember that it has no resurrection."  This is one of those quotes that produces a universal head nod.  There is no debating it.  We all waste time and lose track of time.  And none of us can bring it back.  

Spiritually, this is a point of focus for me this year.  I want to redeem as much of my time as possible.  To accomplish this, I have to prioritize and carve.  One doesn't work without the other.  I have to cut out things that are stealing my time.  Fasting will help with this but I also must be wise and diligent.  Just as Hebrews 6 reminds us, "We want each of you to show this same diligence to the very end, in order to make your hope sure."  

2013 only has so many seconds, hours and days in it.  There are many dreams that I want to see realized this year.  And I also know that God has dreams that He hasn't even shown me yet.  I'm praying that I will redeem as much of my time this year as possible so I can see all that God has planned.

No comments: