Friday, January 18, 2013

40 Days of Prayer - Day 12

Today its hard to concentrate on prayer and study.  Not surprisingly, my two year old daughter is needy.  She needs my attention, my help and my comfort.  And like most two year olds, she is persistent.  I want to help her and can stop from time to time to do so, but I do want to focus.  I need focused time of prayer and study, and I have plenty of work to do today.  Maybe doing a few things from home wasn't a great idea.

But my daughter's persistence was ironic as I read from Luke 18 today.  It's the story of the persistent window.  The widow who wouldn't leave the judge alone until he answered her cry, "Give me justice!"   Jesus used this story to teach us a valuable lesson about prayer.  Never give up!  For those who cry out "day and night," God will surely give justice.

For the prayers that I have written on my heart and in my journal, I won't give up on.  I'll keep writing, requesting.  Asking, seeking and knocking.  The heart of God is so loving and just that he won't ignore those who earnestly and passionately seek Him.  And I love that about my God!


No comments: