Monday, January 28, 2013

40 Days of Prayer - Day #21

News about the American-Iranian Pastor being sent to prison was released yesterday morning.  Since then, I have often thought and prayed for him.  As I was enjoying freedom in all that I did yesterday, Pastor Saeed was alone in a cell surrounded by people who hated him and who he believed in.  His family is back in the states praying for him and wondering when, if ever, they will see him again.  Today I thought about the words of Paul in the book of Philippians.
"And I want you to know, my dear brothers and sisters, that everything that has happened to me here has helped to spread the Good News.  For everyone here, including the whole palace guard, knows that I am in chains because of Christ.  And because of my imprisonment, most of the believers here have gained confidence and boldly speak God’s message without fear." Philippians 1:14-16
This is my prayer for Pastor Saeed.  That everything that is happening to him will spread the Good News.  Also, that all the guards would hear the Gospel of Jesus Christ.  And that all Christians in Iran would be inspired and gain confidence is speaking the truth.  If you are reading this, will you pray for this Pastor and the Gospel to be spread in the darkest corners of the world?

No comments: