Wednesday, July 24, 2013

On the Edge of My Seat

Several months ago my wife and I went to the theatre to watch the movie, Zero Dark Thirty.  The movie chronicled the long journey of the CIA and US military to catch Bin Ladden.  The acting and writing were terrific.  And even though we knew the outcome, my wife and I were literally on the edge of our seats waiting to see what would happen next.  

Its nice when you know what the outcome will be in a movie or in life.  But in our spiritual journey, we often find ourselves wondering and waiting to see how God will work things out.  As our church continues to wait on God for a new building and space to meet, I find that I'm not wondering so much as waiting with anticipation.  I'm on the edge of my seat and can't wait to see how God will answer our prayers.  I'm confident, like Abraham, that God will follow through on his promises.  In Romans 4:20, Paul reminds us of the confident anticipation of Abraham.  Abraham never wavered in believing God’s promise. "In fact, his faith grew stronger, and in this he brought glory to God.  He was fully convinced that God is able to do whatever he promises."  

I'm fully convinced that at just the right time, God will come through.  Then, I'll no longer be on the edge of my seat - I'll be jumping for joy.

No comments: