Thursday, May 28, 2009

Ready to Bloom

Lately I have been out of sync. Not able to concentrate as well and my prayer times are unclear too. Today though, I was praying in my bedroom and during the prayer I was briefly distracted, or so I thought, as I began thinking about the roses I planted a couple of weeks ago.

Two weeks ago I decided to buy 5 rose bushes and plant them in a bare spot beside my house. I had never planted rose bushes before, and proceeded to plant them just like every other flower or shrub. But later that night a friend mentioned how difficult roses can be to plant and take care of. I did some quick research and soon realized that I had not taken this project as seriously as I should have. After reading some good tips, I went and purchased some compost (aka manure) and some bananas. I also dug out some coffee grounds. According to some rose bush enthusiasts, roses love bananas and coffee grounds.

So, I dug up the newly planted roses and replaced some of the dirt around them with compost, baked banana peels and coffee grounds. I also put some peat moss around the top of the soil for added moisture absorption. After my research and hard work, last week I had yellow and red roses blooming.

Back to the prayer. God brought the roses to my attention to show me that planning and care that I put into the roses (which was a lot more than anything else I planted) was the same level of commitment and care He put into his plan for me. It was good to hear that, although I wondered how the banana peels factored into my spiritual life. (;

No comments: